Hematology Laboratory- Pathology Department
- Laboratory: 1st floor, ‘G’ Building
Facilities and Special Services:
- This Department is essentially a center for the diagnosis and management of indoor patients with Hematological Disorders.
- Various investigations done in Haematology department are as follows:
- A. On Blood samples
i) Complete Hemogram
ii) Complete blood counts
iii) Peripheral smear examination
iv) Rapid malaria Antigen detection.
v) Reticulocyte count.
vi) Sticking test
vii) Bone marrow aspirate examination.
- B. Body Fluids –These fluids include Cerebrospinal Fluid, Pleural fluid, Ascitic fluid, synovial fluid, drain fluid etc.
- C. Urine – Routine & Microscopy
Guidelines For Patients Wishing to avail the Investigative Facilities:
- Laboratory investigations are done only for patients admitted in the wards (except Gynecology, Renal & clinical Hematology) of BYL Nair Ch Hospital. The NICU, ICCU patient samples accepted daily.
- Trolleys are sent to all the wards in the hospital at 8 am and again at 1 pm and blood samples are collected. The investigations are done on the blood samples received in Laboratory through trolleys only.
- NO Charges for any tests
Hematology Laboratory timings:
- Monday to Friday- 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Saturday- 8.30 am to 1.30 pm
Hematology Laboratory Staff:
- Mr P T Sawant Senior Technician
- Mr. Vilas Hule Junior Technician
- Mr. Digambar Aher Lab Asst.
- Mrs. Smuruti Parab Lab Asst.
- Mr. Digambar Shinde Lab. Asst.
- Hari Chiplunkar Servant
- Mayur Servant
- Blood cell Counter (PCE 210)
- Electrophoresis Machine (Lilac- Model Genio)
- Hot Air Oven
- Water bath
- Analytical Balance
- Details of investigation done in Hematology section in the year 1st April 2010 to 31st March 2011.
|Sr.No.||Name of Investigation||Total No. Of Test|
|1||Complete Haemogram (CHG)||68849|
|2||Complete Blood Count (CBC)||38057|
|3||Platelet Count (PC)||221|
|4||Reticulocyte Count (RT)||9346|
|5||Erethro Sedimentation Rate (ESR)||2903|
|6||Hemoglobin Pack cell vloume (HB & PCV)||-|
|7||Peripheral Smear (PS)||1243|
|8||Malerial Parasite (MP)||15666|
|15||Fluids & C.S.F.|